Introducing the senseFly eBee X With MicaSense RedEdge-MX, A Seamless Dual Solution for Accurate & Efficient Crop Analysis
senseFly, the leading provider of fixed-wing drone solutions, and MicaSense, a leading producer of drone sensors for agriculture, today announced a new dual solution for efficient, in-depth crop analysis—the senseFly eBee X with MicaSense RedEdge-MX.
“We know from agricultural customers such as agronomists, crop consultants and researchers that deep, high-resolution crop data is key to effective analysis and decision making,” said Gilles Labossière, CEO of senseFly. “In parallel, when assessing large field areas, or simply looking to map smaller fields or plots quickly, small, slower quadcopter drones often don’t cut it. The eBee X with RedEdge-MX checks both these data and efficiency boxes, making it an ideal crop analysis solution.”
“This seamless, integrated professional drone offering represents an obvious upgrade path for many agricultural professionals. Customers who already use MicaSense’s RedEdge-MX, for example, now have a quicker, more efficient way to analyse the health of their crops, without having to compromise on data quality,” said Eric Waters, General Manager of MicaSense. “At the same time, existing eBee X operators can access the deeper, higher resolution insights that the RedEdge-MX brings.”
The RedEdge-MX is a rugged, built-to-last professional multispectral sensor. Capturing red, green, blue, near-infrared, and red-edge spectral bands, data from this sensor can be used to generate true colour composites, basic crop health indexes, and advanced analytical tools like flower identification and weed detection. This, in combination with its durable design, makes RedEdge-MX a multispectral powerhouse.
Key benefits include:
- The ability to capture plant health images & RGB (composite) images in one flight
- A fast capture rate, which suits faster fixed-wing flight speeds
- Global shutter on all five lenses for distortion-free images
- High-resolution imagery; 8 cm (3.1 in) / pixel GSD at 120 m (400 ft) flight height
- An aluminium body for better durability and performance in the heat
- Full access to raw data; generate outputs using a wide variety of processing & analysis platforms
- Patent-pending DLS 2 for highly accurate radiometric calibration
The senseFly eBee X fixed-wing drone is designed to boost the quality, efficiency and safety of commercial UAV operators’ data collection. Its key features include:
- A unique Endurance Extension option, which unlocks a flight time with RedEdge-MX of up to 75 minutes (versus a maximum endurance of 59 minutes by default) for single-flight coverage of up to 220 ha (540 ac)
- The ability to work every site, no matter how challenging, thanks to the drone’s built-in Steep Landing technology, ultra-robust design, live air traffic data and more, all backed by senseFly’s professional, localised support
- A range of professional camera options, including the MicaSense RedEdge-MX, and the new, proprietary senseFly S.O.D.A. 3D, senseFly Aeria X, and senseFly Duet T.
The senseFly eBee X with MicaSense RedEdge-MX (including plug-and-play camera integration kit), Downwelling Light Sensor (DLS 2), and Calibrated Reflectance Panel) is available for purchase now via senseFly distribution partners. It is priced at $19,800 USD excluding shipping and importation taxes.
Enterprise Partnerships with Trimble and Microsoft Drive senseFly Strategy Forward
senseFly, the global leader in fixed-wing drones, has announced new strategic partnerships. The organisations include Trimble and Microsoft and demonstrate the capability and suitability of senseFly’s fixed-wing drones and drone sensors for precision agriculture. “Trimble and Microsoft are major players in the agriculture sector, and these relationships are a...
xarvio™ Digital Farming Solutions by BASF Selects eBee X Fixed-Wing Drones for Digital Crop Management in Brazil
Brazilian soybean farmers can save on costs due to greater precision of crop protection, more accurate weed management and greater return on investment while reducing their environmental impact senseFly, the global leader in fixed-wing drones is pleased to announce that its eBee X fixed-wing drone platform was selected by...
Simultaneous Multi-Drone Flight Functionality Added to eMotion 3.8.0 Release
senseFly, the global leader in fixed-wing drones, is excited to announce the release of the latest version of its popular flight-planning software, eMotion 3.8.0. With eMotion 3.8.0., senseFly drone operators can enjoy a host of improvements and added functionality, including the ability to fly up to four drones simultaneously...