In this webinar you will learn:
- How drone (UAV) technology is being employed by mine & quarry companies & service providers
- How drones are being employed at mine & quarry sites worldwide: from volume calculation to slope monitoring & blast analysis
- How drones be smoothly integrated into existing site workflows
- What mine & quarry companies should consider when considering a UAV investment
- What type of ROI is possible from drone technology and how this is calculated
Sean is a geospatial consultant based in the U.K. He first worked in South Africa's cadastral and land information sectors, then on mining development projects throughout Africa, before joining Barrick Gold at the Pueblo Viejo Project in the Dominican Republic. There he was awarded the Barrick Global Excellence Award in 2014 for Innovation and Continuous Improvement with respect to the site's UAV program. Now a self-employed consultant, Sean is involved in several global mining digitisation and business improvement projects with a range of big-name mining clients.
Adrian Charters is a chartered industrial minerals geologist with over 30 years of experience working across the UK, European and US markets. He is currently the Director of Geology, Survey & Air Operations at Land & Minerals Consulting Ltd (LMCL), a company which specialises in providing survey, geological and geotechnical services to the UK & international mining and quarrying sectors.
Glen Heather grew up in Cornwall in the South West of England where he recently graduated with an MSc in Mining Engineering from Camborne School of Mines (CSM). He had previously gained a BSc in Applied Geology from CSM and until 2015 worked underground in a world-class base metals mine in Ireland as a Grade Control Geologist. Passionate about his roots and the future of the mining industry, Glen then returned home and currently works as a Mining Technical Engineer for Imerys in Cornwall's China Clay Pits.
What to watch next
Map Without Limits – Exploring the senseFly eBee X
Drone details, cameras, data and operator experiences
Integrating Drone Tech into Mine and Quarry Workflows
Real-world usage, ROI & adoption feedback from experienced operators